SWITCH ON YOUR POSITIVE BULB

by: Guardian Media

Adri­ana San­drine Isaac-Rat­tan

Be­cause some so­ci­eties have be­come a bit bur­dened by the chal­lenges that must be ad­dressed with vary­ing lev­els of ur­gency and one’s so­cial ori­en­ta­tion and ex­pe­ri­ences have been im­pact­ed by neg­a­tive in­flu­ences, some in­di­vid­u­als have cho­sen to in­fuse neg­a­tiv­i­ty through­out every sphere of life.

This is in­deed un­for­tu­nate as neg­a­tive en­er­gy is one of the main con­trib­u­tors to lifestyle dis­eases; it af­fects the ef­fec­tive turn­ing of your wheel and al­so bor­ders around hate, en­vy and oth­er neg­a­tive emo­tions that cre­ate a huge black space in your psy­che. Once hu­man sys­tems are fu­elled by neg­a­tive en­er­gy, lit­tle or no room is al­lowed for pos­i­tive light. Many cre­ate their own pot of neg­a­tive en­er­gy by con­tin­u­ous­ly dis­lik­ing oth­ers, while some nev­er see pos­i­tives in any­thing—and here I re­fer to is­sues around pol­i­tics and broad­er na­tion­al is­sues or even con­dem­na­tion of their work­spaces.

Be­gin clear­ing your en­er­gy fil­ter

Neg­a­tiv­i­ty has its own strength and there­fore once present, oth­ers feel it—It’s con­ta­gious and is ex­treme­ly un­healthy if it spread to kids. Let’s start spring clean­ing your en­er­gy fil­ter. Be­gin by just be­ing pleas­ant, there’s no need to blow un­pleas­antries in the face of oth­ers who are un­de­serv­ing. Thoughts about your do­mes­tic and work­spaces are re­flec­tions of that in­ner you so be cau­tious about your in­flows and out­flows. Prac­tice in­clud­ing “but” in your state­ments—for ex­am­ple, every time you ut­ter a neg­a­tive com­ment al­ways in­clude “but” at the end to neu­tralise it with some pos­i­tiv­i­ty. Nav­i­gate through­out every space in your house, clap and ask the Lord to re­move every piece of neg­a­tive en­er­gy that is a stum­bling block to your progress. Though this may ap­pear sim­plis­tic, it is sim­i­lar to the pass­ing of a thun­der­storm where every­thing ap­pears calm and re­freshed fol­low­ing the storm. I have al­ways been a strong ad­vo­cate of love for hu­mankind as its pow­er changes the face of every­thing. Love is a pow­er­ful rem­e­dy for good liv­ing and it changes things. Re­move the clut­ter from your spaces, do some re-ar­rang­ing and you’d def­i­nite­ly ex­pe­ri­ence re­al free­dom of both mind and phys­i­cal space.

A num­ber of in­di­vid­u­als have shared that their neg­a­tive en­er­gy is fu­elled by for­mer re­la­tion­ships which crushed their psy­che, man­hood, self-es­teem and even the will to con­tin­ue liv­ing. I say to those so af­fect­ed don’t al­low neg­a­tive en­er­gy to con­sume your be­ing and in­stead pick up the pieces and build a big­ger and brighter fu­ture.

Neg­a­tive sig­nals

Some dis­play strange be­hav­iours to which they’d as­cribe blame to oth­ers how­ev­er, most of those signs come from with­in that in­ter­nal fil­ter which some al­low to con­trol their be­ing. Do you find your­self al­ways try­ing to prove to oth­ers that you’re right to the ex­tent that you think you have pow­er over oth­ers? This is the first ter­ri­ble sig­nal of stor­ing neg­a­tive en­er­gy; every­body’s opin­ion mat­ter and you can’t and shouldn’t at­tempt to have pow­er over any­one, whilst you may of­fer ad­vice not every­one is will­ing to ac­cept. Life is a jour­ney not a com­pe­ti­tion, and so there is no need to con­stant­ly prove any­thing to the world.

An­oth­er sig­nal is your erup­tive re­ac­tion to the slight­est sit­u­a­tion; every­one is wrong and you’re al­ways right. This type of neg­a­tiv­i­ty sheds bad vibes and mood swings. You can’t be right about every­thing, life is about di­ver­si­ty, unique­ness, and democ­ra­cy.

Con­tin­u­ous­ly as­sign­ing blame par­tic­u­lar­ly in re­la­tion­ships when you are the trig­ger of the sit­u­a­tion is a deep sign of neg­a­tive en­er­gy; life can be un­fair at times and view­ing sit­u­a­tions from a ma­ture per­spec­tive would as­sist in chang­ing your lens and avoid blam­ing oth­ers un­nec­es­sar­i­ly. Al­so you may not re­alise that the sit­u­a­tion arose as a re­sult of your own ac­tions and it may be ad­vis­able to in­tro­spect to see where you slipped. Mak­ing un­healthy and hurt­ful state­ments to oth­ers par­tic­u­lar­ly your part­ner is an­oth­er strong sig­nal of stor­ing neg­a­tive en­er­gy es­pe­cial­ly in mo­ments of anger or when you’re backed in a cor­ner about a sit­u­a­tion cre­at­ed by you. Self-crit­i­cism re­turns you to past mis­takes. Stop blam­ing you…past in­ci­dents should be viewed as ex­pe­ri­ences and lessons to avoid re­peats.

Re­vers­ing neg­a­tive en­er­gy

Start im­ple­ment­ing the “No Com­plain­ing Rule”—don’t com­plain un­less you can of­fer at least two so­lu­tions; al­ways be aware of the ex­ter­nal en­vi­ron­ment and avoid be­com­ing con­sumed by it—re­mem­ber you have no con­trol over ex­ter­nal pe­riph­er­als and so it’s best to de­vel­op strate­gies to man­age and as­sist in nav­i­gat­ing the ex­ter­nals. Sur­round your­self with pos­i­tive in­di­vid­u­als in­clud­ing fam­i­ly mem­bers; once you dis­cov­er neg­a­tive vibes stay away. Check and cap­i­talise on op­por­tu­ni­ties, not chal­lenges as this ap­proach is use­ful both in your home and work space. Prac­tice zoom fo­cus­ing which al­lows you to switch off the neg­a­tive voic­es and re­place them with pos­i­tive ones. Switch your life’s chan­nel to re­flect an in­spi­ra­tional sto­ry and not a hor­ror movie.

Adri­ana San­drine Isaac-Rat­tan is Pres­i­dent of the In­ter­na­tion­al Women’s Re­source Net­work/com­mu­ni­ca­tions con­sul­tant

Share.

About Author

Leave A Reply