Arima Rotary Club marks 40

Michael Brad­shaw, past pres­i­dent of Ari­ma Ro­tary Club says peo­ple in T&T should give back to their com­mu­ni­ties ac­cord­ing to their wish­es and abil­i­ties.

“We should go back be­cause the need in our com­mu­ni­ties is re­al and it is grow­ing,” he said.

He urged cit­i­zens to give back be­cause “this widen­ing gap—the gap be­tween what is need­ed and what can be pro­vid­ed—threat­ens the most vul­ner­a­ble among us. And we should give back, be­cause this gap threat­ens one of the most cher­ished val­ues as Trin­bag­o­ni­ans, the equal­i­ty of op­por­tu­ni­ty.”

Brad­shaw was speak­ing at Ari­ma Ro­tary Club 40th An­niver­sary held at Ten­nis Court, Ari­ma, last week­end.

He said apart from the Ro­tary Club of Ari­ma’s ded­i­ca­tion to ser­vice, Ro­tary has al­so been an im­por­tant venue for shar­ing new ideas and ini­tia­tives, and a fo­rum for build­ing the nec­es­sary mo­men­tum for so­cial and eco­nom­ic change.

Past pres­i­dents of the Ari­ma Ro­tary Club were ho­n­oured for their ser­vice at the event, while mem­bers of Ari­ma busi­ness com­mu­ni­ty re­ceived cer­tifi­cate for their sup­port over the years.

Share.

About Author

Leave A Reply