Value optical opens new $1M store in Chaguanas

Kelly Bainey, left director at Value Optical and fellow director Krishna Kuarsingh open the doors to Value Optical’s new Chaguanas branch. Photo: Shastri Boodan

by: Shastri Boodan

Dis­play­ing strong op­ti­mism about the coun­try’s eco­nom­ic fu­ture, Val­ue Op­ti­cal opened its lat­est store, cost­ing more than $1 mil­lion, at the Mid Cen­tre Mall, Ch­agua­nas on Sat­ur­day. The new store, which is the sixth branch for the 15 year old busi­ness op­er­a­tion, fea­tures state of the art test­ing equip­ment for eye di­ag­no­sis and pro­tec­tion.

Val­ue Op­ti­cal’s mar­ket­ing man­ag­er, Dan­ny Jones, said this lat­est ven­ture rep­re­sent­ed an in­vest­ment of over $1 mil­lion to con­struct and equip, and the com­pa­ny was op­ti­mistic about the busi­ness prospects for Ch­agua­nas as well as the coun­try as a whole.

Jones said the new out­let will dou­ble the com­pa­ny’s pa­tient ca­pac­i­ty in Cen­tral Trinidad, and the new fa­cil­i­ty can now han­dle over 50 pa­tients dai­ly. He said new ser­vices such as field test­ing and oph­thal­mol­o­gy have been in­tro­duced, and the of­fice has now im­proved its pre-screen­ing fa­cil­i­ties us­ing mod­ern dig­i­tal equip­ment.

Jones said cus­tomers can now en­joy the high­er qual­i­ty am­bi­ence of the new fa­cil­i­ty at com­pet­i­tive prices. The store has a staff of 12 full-time em­ploy­ees and is man­aged by Ryan Cum­ber­batch.

Share.

About Author

Leave A Reply