Princes Town Rotary has new president

The Ro­tary Club of Princes Town held its han­dover cer­e­mo­ny at Can­ton Palace Restau­rant & Lounge, Cross Cross­ing, San Fer­nan­do on June 25. Out­go­ing pres­i­dent 2010/2011 Se­u­nar­ine “Kex” San­mook pre­sent­ed in­com­ing pres­i­dent 2011/2012 Bashir Mo­hammed with the pres­i­dent’s pin and of­fi­cial­ly hand­ed him his in­stru­ments of ap­point­ment. The new pres­i­dent spoke ofRo­tary In­ter­na­tion­al’s theme for 2011/2012 “Reach with­in to Em­brace Hu­man­i­ty.” Com­pli­ant with this, the Ro­tary Club of Princes Town has des­ig­nat­ed “Change Comes from With­in” as their theme for 2011-2012.

Some high­lights of the club’s ac­com­plish­ments over the past year were:

• Five suc­cess­ful Med­ical Out­reach Pro­grammes in Ker­na­han, Poole, Bar­rack­pore, New­bolt in Tabaquite and a joint project in La Brea.
  • Par­tic­i­pa­tion of more than sec­ondary stu­dents at a ca­reer guid­ance sem­i­narheld at Princes Town West Sec­ondary School
  • The award of “Man­ick Bis­soon Schol­ar­ship” to five stu­dents at­tend­ing UWI
  • Spon­sor of two low­er sixth stu­dents to at­tend the Ro­tary Youth Lead­er­ship Awards in St Kitts and Nevis.

Share.

About Author

Leave A Reply