Ministry of Sport opens Grande office

The Min­istry of Sport opened its new San­gre Grande Of­fice on Fri­day on the com­pound of the San­gre Grande Com­mu­ni­ty Swim­ming Pool.

Per­ma­nent Sec­re­tary in the Min­istry of Sport, Ash­win Creed pre­sent­ed the fea­ture re­marks.

Creed stat­ed that the of­fice was a ma­jor ini­tia­tive as the Min­istry con­tin­ued to cre­ate sport­ing op­por­tu­ni­ties and en­cour­age to­tal par­tic­i­pa­tion through­out T&T.

The Min­istry, through its “Tak­ing Sport to Rur­al Ar­eas Pro­gramme”, which was launched in June last year, has im­pact­ed many rur­al com­mu­ni­ties and the es­tab­lish­ment of the of­fice is a part of the Min­istry’s ini­tia­tive to pro­vide sport for all.

The pro­gramme pro­motes healthy lifestyles and in­creased par­tic­i­pa­tion in schools and com­mu­ni­ties. Im­proved phys­i­cal health con­tributes to pro­duc­tiv­i­ty among cit­i­zens and re­duces the need for med­ical ser­vices.

The con­struc­tion of the of­fice has en­hanced the pre-ex­ist­ing swim­ming pool fa­cil­i­ty. Ramps that are in com­pli­ance with the re­quire­ments for the phys­i­cal­ly chal­lenged have been in­stalled and there is now a car park with space for 13 ve­hi­cles in­clud­ing re­served park­ing for the phys­i­cal­ly chal­lenged.

With this new ini­tia­tive, Creed urged com­mu­ni­ty mem­bers and lead­ers to utilise the ser­vices of­fered by the Min­istry as the Min­istry con­tin­ued to pro­vide op­por­tu­ni­ties for de­vel­op­ment.

Ap­prox­i­mate­ly 75 per­sons in­clu­sive of Hazel Hold­er- Ed­ward, rep­re­sen­ta­tive from the of­fice of Dr Ru­pert Grif­fith and Kesh­war Ma­haraj, chair­man San­gre Grande Re­gion­al Cor­po­ra­tion at­tend­ed the event.

Share.

About Author

Leave A Reply